1. Where can I purchase study guides for the IGCEMA Certificate Program?
You can order your study guides from our book publisher lulu. All of our study guides are updated with new content as it is developed to make sure you get the latest information available.
Lulu Link - http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/igcema
2. Where do I take the testing for the program?
The IGCEMA is establishing a proctor network world-wide at distributors, colleges, and libraries. Take a look at our list of proctors on our website for the one nearest you. If we don't have a prcotor established in your area yet just make a call to a dealer, college or library near you and have them register on our site to proctor the exam in your area. It takes less than 24 hours to get someone set-up.
List of Proctors - http://www.igcema.org/?page=proctors
Proctor Registration - http://www.igcema.org/general/?type=proctor
3. How is the testing done and what does it take to pass?
Testing is done online on our test site. Once you are registered with a proctor to take the exam they will enter an access code to open the website for you. Once it is open you can pay for your exams via credit card or work out other payment options with your proctor. Each test is 60 questions and you will have 90 minutes to complete each exam. You must score 80% or better in order to pass the exam.
4. How much are the exams and can I take them more than once?
The exams are $50 each. You are given one extra opportunity to take the exam free of charge. If you don't pass the exam the second time you will then have to pay an additional $50 for 2 more chances.
5. How many exams do I need to take to gain the IGCEMA Certificate?
The IGCEMA has 6 modules that must be passed in order to receive the IGCEMA Certificate. Those are:
- Hydraulic Troubleshooting
- Electrical Troubleshooting
- Internal Combustion Engines
- Sprayer Troubleshooting - in development (expected Jan. 2012)
- Cutting Units - in development (expected Feb. 2012)
Once all these exams are completed the IGCEMA will send a certificate to you for completion of the program.
6. I took the EETC program and I would also like to take yours are any of their tests recognized by the IGCEMA?
Yes! If you have passed the hydraulic portion or all the engine testing (2 cycle, 4cycle, compact diesel) those may be submitted to us in lieu of the IGCEMA testing on those subjects as long as it falls between the dates of January 1st 2010 and June 20th 2011. Anything before those dates will not qualify.
7. Is this a certification program?
No! The IGCEMA program is a certificate program that tests individuals on their knowledge of the required modules outline above.
8. Will I be required to keep up with CEU credits or pay any additional fees outside of testing and study guides?
No! CEU credits are needed for certification programs which require you to continue gaining knowledge through your career. The IGCEMA is looking at such a program in the future however this program is merely to identify the baseline knowledge needed to work on and service Turf related Equipment. There are also no other fees.
9. Are there any limitions on who can and cannot take this testing?
No! The testing is available to anyone who wishes to do so no matter what position you are currently in or what classification your membership is.
10. My company would like to support the IGCEMA's certificate program or we would like to use the program for our dealers how can we get invloved?
You can contact us via our website contact us page and we would be glad to discuss how we can make the IGCEMA certificate program work for your application.